Friday 15 November 2013

21st October 1939

What a week!  Mr Wilson telephoned Dad and told him that I could have a job at the ticket office on Worth Station, where they’ve just lost half of the staff to the forces.  He must have been very clever with his words because Dad has agreed that I can go!  Mum isn’t talking to him but he doesn’t seem to mind.  So the rest of the week and this was a total whirl while he got me some lodgings sorted out and I made lists and went shopping.  Dad has been lecturing me on what to expect and what I will be doing every night since we found out.  I’ll be glad to get away and make a start – next week!  It felt marvellous giving Mrs Clay my notice.

I’m going to be lodging with a Mrs Kerry.  She’s a widow and she lives near the station – just two streets away so very close to work.  I’m not going to say much else because she looks like the sort that might read your diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment