Friday 8 November 2013

9th October 1939

It’s tomorrow!  I’m catching the 9.30 to Leeds.  In the end I had to tell everyone.  First of all I had to ask Mrs Clay for the day off and then of course she wanted to know why.  Then I thought I’d better tell Mum and Dad before it got back to them and of course Dad will probably see me get on the train.  Nobody seems really pleased about it and Mum’s not happy at all.  Why don’t they understand that I want to do something to help?  I soon got round Dad though.  I told him that it was because of him that I wanted to serve the LMS and what better way to do my bit than to help the LMS out in its hour of need.  He saw my point and has agreed that I can go to the interview.  But I am to accept nothing without consulting him first, after all I am still under age.  I shall have to keep working on Dad’s LMS loyalty.  My clothes are all out ready for the morning and I have bought a new powder compact.

No comments:

Post a Comment