Wednesday 6 November 2013

4th October 1939

I’ve been summoned! For an interview with the LMS!  They’re paying for my ticket to Leeds!  I haven’t told Mum and Dad yet.  I don’t know if I should or not.  I’m so excited I can hardly keep it to myself.  Mrs Clay ticked me off today for getting the flours mixed up.  I nearly told her to whistle for her job because I’m sure that the LMS will give me something.


I saw Edith yesterday, she said that now she was safely married she could tell everyone her news.  She’s four months gone and she said that she was sorry if she seemed a bit low at the wedding but she’s having terrible sickness – all day and all night!  I asked her how she was getting on with her in-laws.  She just shrugged and said that they were alright but it would all be better when the baby arrived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment