Monday 16 December 2013

16th November 1939

Still not been able to shake off Gordon Leon this week even though our shifts have started at different times.  He pops up all over, wanting me to go to the pictures with him but I’d rather take my chances and sit in there on my own.  Tuesday I spent my break having a cup of tea in the buffet chatting to Joan.  He came in and stood a few feet away, staring all the time.  He never said a word, just stared.  Joan noticed and kept on pulling faces which I had to pretend not to notice.  I popped into see her again on my way home and she did seem a bit worried for me.  She thinks I should move, same as Mr Hardy, because being his neighbour won’t help at all.  She’s going to ask Lettie in her house if she is going to join the Wrens and when it will be.

Letter from home yesterday, Belinda is being a handful.  I hope she isn’t wrecking my bedroom.  I hear that some evacuees have lice and fleas so I’m a bit worried for my mattress.  I wrote straight back to Mum to tell her about Gordon because I’m getting so worried about what to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment