Tuesday 3 December 2013

6th November 1939

I think I’m going to have a bit of trouble with the boy who lives next door.  He’s called Gordon  and he works at the station cleaning up.  He’s not quite right – a bit soft in the head.  It’s just him and his mother Mrs Leon next door and I’ve heard talk that she’s a witch!  Mr Hardy told me to mind that I don’t get mixed up with either of them and that theirs is a very strange household.  Anyway, Mrs Kelly doesn’t seem to think so because she’s had them both round to tea today.  Gordon wouldn’t stop looking at me and tried to touch my hand when he passed me the bread and butter.  I got all hot and bothered and not in a good way.  I’m sure Mrs Kelly invited them round on purpose to meet me.  I shall definitely avoid them in future.

Had letters from home this week.  Susan is going to have another baby.  Fancy having babies in wartime.  I know I wouldn’t.  Mum and Dad have been nagged into taking in an evacuee who sleeps in my room!  She’s called Belinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment