Sunday 30 March 2014

23rd April 1940


The girl with the teeth from the buffet walked the last few yards into work with me and said she’d seen the piece in the paper and knew I had the doctor “sniffing round” and had put two and two together.  Of course if I’d asked her she would have told me that he was married with children.  And that he had a taste for younger girls.  If she’d have known that I was actually going out with him she’d have been round to tell me.  Apparently he used to be her cousin’s doctor until he tried it on with her.  Ought to have been struck off years ago.


Then Molly from parcels turned up as I was hanging my coat up, like she’d been waiting for me.  She’d seen it as well – knew it was me.  And of course Mr Hardy knew.  I feel like everyone knows and that they all think I was up to no good. They don’t believe me when I tell them that I was about to insist that he take me home.  Mrs F says that it will all go away in a week or two when something else happens.  But I feel sure that Mum and Dad or Susan will somehow find out and think the worst. 

The full story is now available on Amazon Kindle books:

Click here for Sarah's Amazon page

The published version includes part 2 - only part 1 will be blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment