Friday 14 March 2014

6th April 1940

Well guess who turned up at the dance – just fancy that.  Joan and me had just broken off for a drink and we were having a giggle at some of the clumsy footwork when I got a tap on my shoulder.  There was Dr B, all done up in his finest.  He said that he’d come especially to dance with me so I couldn’t very well say no, but I said that it had to be just one because I couldn’t very well leave Joan on her own.  So we had one dance and then we let him buy us both drinks for a couple of hours.  He gave us a lift home in his car then, which I accepted before I realised that he would then know where we live.  So I had him drop us two streets away and we dashed down an alley to make sure that he couldn’t see where I was going.  Well, who should we run into but Mrs F and Bill next door but one, leaning up against the side of a house in what might be called a passionate embrace.  She followed us in ten minutes later and all she said was that if she knew we were out she would have brought him into the warm.  Mrs F is very brazen.  But very funny.  When we told her about Dr B she said that free medical treatment was not to be sniffed at and that I should go out with him alone in his car and get him to check me over.  I’d better be careful about Mum reading this diary when I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment