Monday 30 December 2013

24th December 1939

Been so busy this is the first chance I’ve had to even pick up my diary for ages.  First I moved out of Mrs Kelly’s – Gordon watching through the net curtains as Joan and I carried my bags past his house.  At least I’ve escaped from him at home but he still hovers around me at work sometimes.  And he gave me a home made Christmas card.  I didn’t send him one back.  Then I’ve been settling into Mrs Fraser’s.  We’ve all three of us been sat up talking for ages into the night sometimes and I haven’t even thought to write in here.  When I get into bed I’m asleep before I close my eyes.  But I can’t think of when I had so much fun!
I’m back at home now for Christmas – just for two days then back to work and my friends.  I haven’t got my room because of the evacuee, I’m in a put-up bed in the front room but it is nice and warm in there.  The evacuee isn’t so bad I think my mattress is safe.

Mum has joined the WVS! She’s got knitting coming out of her ears and she’s insisting on setting me off with some.  I suppose it’s a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment